ConcurrentModificationException

Lucas Wagner

Nov 25, 2014, 8:22:40 AM11/25/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

when I try to execute the following query, stardog returns a ConcurrentModificationException.

SELECT ?a ?b ?c
WHERE
{

?a rdf:type wd:A .

?a wd:B ?b .

?b wd:C ?c.
}

I read in another post that this error could come from java version but the users was on Mac and used an early access version of java.
I work with Windows 7 and use jdk 1.8.0_25.
Could it be a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas WAGNER

Mike Grove

Nov 25, 2014, 8:25:54 AM11/25/14
to stardog
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Lucas Wagner <lucas....@webdrone.fr> wrote:
Hi,

when I try to execute the following query, stardog returns a ConcurrentModificationException.

What's the stacktrace in the logs?

SELECT ?a ?b ?c
WHERE
{

?a rdf:type wd:A .

?a wd:B ?b .

?b wd:C ?c.
}

I read in another post that this error could come from java version but the users was on Mac and used an early access version of java.

Which post?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Lucas Wagner

Nov 25, 2014, 8:34:28 AM11/25/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
The post i saw is this one : https://groups.google.com/a/clarkparsia.com/forum/#!msg/stardog/hQe3mklu6kw/dzUXnDGOH0MJ

And here is the stacktrace :

nov. 25, 2014 2:29:34 PM com.complexible.stardog.protocols.server.SPECServerFunction query
GRAVE
: There was an error executing query: SELECT ?a ?b ?c WHERE {  ?a rdf:type wd:A .   ?a wd:B ?b .   ?b wd:C ?c . }
java
.util.ConcurrentModificationException
 at java
.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:901)
 at java
.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:851)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.createBinaryJoinTree(StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.java:208)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.optimizeStarJoin(StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.java:147)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.createStarJoins(StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.java:65)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.optimize(StarJoinDecompositionBasedOptimizer.java:117)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.SubqueryBasedJoinOrderOptimizer.optimize(SubqueryBasedJoinOrderOptimizer.java:66)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.JoinOrderNodeOptimizer$Visitor.transform(JoinOrderNodeOptimizer.java:68)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.visit(TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.java:629)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.ScopeNodeImpl.accept(ScopeNodeImpl.java:121)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.unaryVisit(TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.java:501)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.unaryTransform(TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.java:77)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.transform(TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.java:304)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.visit(TransformingPlanNodeVisitor.java:685)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.ProjectionPlanNodeImpl.accept(ProjectionPlanNodeImpl.java:105)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.AbstractPlanNodeOptimizer.optimize(AbstractPlanNodeOptimizer.java:28)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.optimizer.OptimizationPipeline.execute(OptimizationPipeline.java:114)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.eval.ExecutablePlanFactory.createOptimized(ExecutablePlanFactory.java:97)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.eval.QueryEngine.getExecutablePlan(QueryEngine.java:201)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.plan.eval.QueryEngine.executeSelect(QueryEngine.java:127)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.query.DefaultQueryFactory$TupleQuery.execute(DefaultQueryFactory.java:195)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.query.DefaultQueryFactory$TupleQuery.execute(DefaultQueryFactory.java:181)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.protocols.server.SPECServerFunction.query(SPECServerFunction.java:477)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.protocols.server.SPECServerFunction.handleMessage(SPECServerFunction.java:143)
 at com
.complexible.common.protocols.server.rpc.ServerHandler.handleMessage(ServerHandler.java:264)
 at com
.complexible.common.protocols.server.rpc.ServerHandler.channelRead(ServerHandler.java:147)
 at io
.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:333)
 at io
.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$700(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:32)
 at io
.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$8.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
 at io
.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:36)
 at io
.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116)
 at io
.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)
 at java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks,

Lucas WAGNER

Mike Grove

Nov 25, 2014, 8:39:29 AM11/25/14
to stardog
That has already been fixed and will be in the next release.

Cheers,

Mike

Lucas Wagner

Nov 25, 2014, 8:42:54 AM11/25/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
OK, thanks and sorry to bother you with that.

Regards,

Lucas WAGNER

Lucas Wagner

Nov 25, 2014, 11:14:43 AM11/25/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,
Since we are testing Stardog, my boss would like to know if the realease will come soon (so we'll be able to continue testing the triplestore) or not (so we'll test it later).

Thanks,

Lucas WAGNER