Exception while uploading rdf file into database

Jacobus Geluk

Dec 30, 2013, 4:09:29 PM12/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I got this exception while executing the command "stardog data add" loading a file with 6.5 million triples (persondata_en of DbPedia, converted to TriG format):

io.netty.util.internal.logging.Slf4JLogger warn
WARNING
: An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception.
java
.io.IOException: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
 at com
.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.server.HttpMessageEncoder$SendResponseChannelOutputStream.assertNoError(HttpMessageEncoder.java:416)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.server.HttpMessageEncoder$SendResponseChannelOutputStream.close(HttpMessageEncoder.java:333)
 at com
.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.server.HttpMessageEncoder.write(HttpMessageEncoder.java:164)
 at io
.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644)
 at io
.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.access$2000(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:28)
 at io
.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext$WriteTask.run(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:891)
 at io
.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354)
 at io
.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348)
 at io
.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101)
 at java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException

Added 6,668,587 RDF triples.

But strangely enough, it actually added the data, so this occurred outside the transaction then I guess.

Cheers
Jacobus

Evren Sirin

Dec 31, 2013, 10:39:12 AM12/31/13
to Stardog
We'll try to reproduce this on our side. For future reference, if you
are adding files on the machine that the Stardog server is running on
then using the --server-side option with the CLI command would speed
things up and avoid sending huge files through SNARL or HTTP protocol.
With that option Stardog server directly reads the file from the file
system and that would also avoid this issue altogether.

Best,
Evren