Minimal set of dependencies to run as Sesame repo

1 view

timea....@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2015, 4:35:52 AM1/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Dear Stardog developers,

I would like to use Stardog as a Sesame Repository, and for that I've found your example at:
which describes very nicely exactly what I need.
But I get lost in so many dependency jars to run it, and I'm trying to add them as maven dependencies, so could you please tell me the minimal list of jars needed to run this example?
Thank you so much, it's very important.
Timea Bagosi

Michael Soren

Jan 15, 2015, 9:24:03 AM1/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Timea Bagosi,

The Stardog distribution comes with a mavenInstall script that installs the Stardog client jars into the local maven repository. The documentation at [1] shows how to do this, and also lists the dependencies needed for particular types of Stardog clients. After the jars are installed, the example at [2] shows the code for a sesame HTTP client accessing a Stardog server.

[1] http://docs.stardog.com/#_support_for_maven
[2] https://github.com/clarkparsia/stardog-examples/tree/master/examples/client-server/Sesame-http

Best Regards,
Michael Soren
Clark & Parsia LLC
926 N St. NW, #1
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 599-9612

--
-- --

Timi Bagosi

Jan 15, 2015, 10:40:04 AM1/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Sure, but as far as I understand it, the server has to be already running on that given url. In my case, I would need to start the server from code, hence I pointed to the example containing:
Server aServer = Stardog
.buildServer()
.bind(SNARLProtocolConstants.EMBEDDED_ADDRESS)
.start();
Hence, I would need more dependencies for the server part.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Michael Soren

Jan 15, 2015, 11:30:29 AM1/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Timea Bagosi,

Unfortunately, the Stardog distribution does not currently install the server jars into the maven repository. You could do this manually using the mvn install command, creating your own group/artifact for each jar, and then add those to your pom.xml.

Alternatively, you can use fileTree in gradle giving the server jar directory to add all the server jars.

Best Regards,
Michael Soren
Clark & Parsia LLC
926 N St. NW, #1
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 599-9612

Michael Soren

Jan 15, 2015, 11:47:59 AM1/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Timea Bagosi,

To be clear, you'll need to add all of the jars in the server file tree.

Best Regards,
Michael Soren
Clark & Parsia LLC
926 N St. NW, #1