Repository with closed Connection after loosing contact with Stardog

jan.bjo...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 8:49:53 AM6/8/16
to Stardog
I am using Sesame together with Stardog and I am using a Repository object to communicate. If for some reason my application looses contact with Stardog but Stardog becomes available again I run into some trouble. All my Connections on Repository is now closed. I have not been able to figure out a way to "refresh" the Repository apart from checking for not open connections and then run initiallize() on Repository again.

Suggestions on best practice to help me?

Evren Sirin

Jun 10, 2016, 8:49:59 AM6/10/16
to Stardog
StardogRepository class uses a connection pool internally that might
be causing this though calling initialize again would not have any
effect unless you create a completely new repository. Is this what you
are doing? How are you checking for not open connections?

There isn't really a way to modify the connection pool for
StardogRepository. Only workaround I can think of is using Sesame's
SPARQLRepository which works fine as long as you don't try to make
large modifications (data is hardcoded into SPARQL update queries
which is slow and/or runs out of memory).

Best,
Evren