Setting TBOX

arbazh...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 8:16:17 AM11/12/16
to Stardog
Hello guys.

I have sent two databases to my Stardog host. One is supposed to be my tbox and the other the abox. However I don't understand how to set the database I want as tbox. I know you should use reasoning.schema.graphs, but how do you do that??

Kind regards,

Arbaz

Zachary Whitley

Nov 12, 2016, 8:24:46 AM11/12/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It might just be a communication issue but you need them to be in the same database although they can be in a different names graph. So we are on the same page can you send the exact commands that you're running?

You can set db options either at creation time with the -o flag or after creation time by taking the db offline

$> stardog-admin db offline mydb

And then setting the option with

$> stardog-admin metadata set -o myoptons -- mydb

Then put the do back online

$> stardog-admin db online mydb

You can also do all this through the web console if you find that to be easier.
--
-- --
---

arbazh...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 10:00:35 AM11/12/16
to Stardog
I thought you could upload separately two datebases and then use the reasoning.schema.graphs to determine the TBOX with tag:stardog:api:context:all.

The only commands I have used to send them are: stardog-admin.bat db create -n myDB test.ttl

But is it not limiting the whole querying process since you can't "search" in the world from the different ontologies and SPARQL endpoints?

Kind regards,
Arbaz

Zachary Whitley

Nov 12, 2016, 10:32:14 AM11/12/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It's still not clear what exactly what you are doing and what you are expecting. You should be loading your Abox and tbox into the same database. If there any particular reason that you want them if separate databases?

arbazh...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2016, 7:35:16 AM11/13/16
to Stardog
My project is with regards to building information modelling in a semantic context. As of right now your solution should be fine. But what if I want to access building component data that are created as a SPARQL endpoint - then I need to download the endpoint and put it together with my tbox and abox in one file?

However as I mentioned I will put them in one file and upload to the Stardog server. Then it will automatically know what is tbox and abox? And I would be able to make reasoning and inferencing?

Thanks in advance.

Zachary Whitley

Nov 13, 2016, 8:44:05 AM11/13/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

On Nov 13, 2016, at 7:35 AM, arbazh...@gmail.com wrote:

My project is with regards to building information modelling in a semantic context.

I appreciate your sharing what you're using Stardog for, I wish more people would share their success stories and experiences, but I was referring to what exact commands you're running and what you're trying to accomplish. It's difficult to know exactly what you're doing just from a description. The more detail that you give the more helpful people can be. Useful information includes but isn't limited to Stardog version, log errors and/or warnings, stack traces, exact commands run, data loaded, expected and actual results, etc.

As of right now your solution should be fine. But what if I want to access building component data that are created as a SPARQL endpoint - then I need to download the endpoint and put it together with my tbox and abox in one file?

I'm going to assume that you're referring to a SPARQL endpoint that you're not in control of. If you are in control of the endpoint you can simply add your tbox to the existing database. If it's an endpoint that you're not in control of you can either get a dump of the database and load it along with your tbox as you suggested or you can issue a federated query using the SERVICE clause with your tbox in a local database.

However as I mentioned I will put them in one file and upload to the Stardog server.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a single file.

Then it will automatically know what is tbox and abox? And I would be able to make reasoning and inferencing?

Yes, I believe that will work.

arbazh...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2016, 9:57:44 AM11/13/16
to Stardog
I appreciate your time and assistance.

We have converted a digital building model from an model format (Industry Foundation Class - IFC) to an RDF graph that uses a specific ontology, which supports the native model format IFC. This is our Abox. Since the ontology holds information about rdfs properties, domains, ranges etc. and also owl properties, we would like to include this as our Tbox. When we have these in the Stardog consol we would firstly like to query data and also incorporate reasoning and inferencing. Furthermore we will create rules to support this. This would be our Rbox.
However as I mentioned I will put them in one file and upload to the Stardog server.
It doesn't necessarily need to be a single file.

I don't think I follow. I thought one should keep everything in one .ttl file i.e. the Tbox, Abox, and Rbox in Stardog?
How would I go about with regards to sending my turtle RDF graph to Stardog?

Kind Regards,

Arbaz

Zachary Whitley

Nov 14, 2016, 9:37:52 AM11/14/16
to Stardog
On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 9:57 AM, <arbazh...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I think you may be confusing having a single file with a single database. A single database can contain data that was loaded from many separate files.

You can keep it in separate files or in a single file. It's just not required to be in a single file. You can either load your data from a single file.

$> stardog-admin db create -n myDb my-one-big-file.ttl

or from separate files

$> stardog-admin db create -n myDb my-tbox.ttl my-abox.ttl my-rbox.ttl

It's really more about how you want to organize your data. If my-one-big-file.ttl contained everything from my-tbox.ttl, my-abox.ttl and my-rbox.ttl the result would be the same. An advantage to separate files is you can choose to load them into separate named graphs at load time. You can do that with a single file as well but you'd need to choose a file format that supports named graphs like n-quads or TriG and you'd need to edit them if you wanted to change the named graphs.

For more options, visit this group at
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stardog" group.