Obfuscation bug

Zachary Whitley

Apr 1, 2016, 1:37:37 PM4/1/16
to Stardog
Stardog version: 4.0.5

The stardog data obfuscation command seems to require an absolute path to the configuration file. In addition there is no indication that the file can't be found if file does not exists.

Steps to reproduce

    stardog-admin db create -n test -- obfuscate.ttl

(note: I'm just loading obfuscate.ttl so there's something in the db)

  stardog data obfuscate --config obfuscate.ttl -- test

OUTPUT -> NONE

  stardog data obfuscate --config ~/Downloads/obfuscate.ttl -- test

OUTPUT -> Expected obfuscated data

If you point it to a non-existent file

  stardog data obfuscate --config ~/Downloads/obfuscate1.ttl -- test

OUTPUT -> NONE

Expected: File not found warning

If you don't give the full path to the config and don't give it an output file it doesn't return anything but if you give it an output file

      stardog data obfuscate --config obfuscate.ttl -- test obfuscated-test.ttl

OUTPUT -> There was an error parsing the obfuscation configuration for the export

If you give it the full path to the config file and an output file it works as expected

    stardog data obfuscate --config ~/Downloads/obfuscate1.ttl -- test obfuscated-test.ttl

OUTPUT -> obfuscated-test.ttl with expected obfuscated data.

Michael Grove

Apr 4, 2016, 8:22:11 AM4/4/16
to stardog
Thanks for reporting this, we'll fix it (#2887) in an upcoming release.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --