Query Stardog From Virtuoso

Matías Parodi

Dec 3, 2013, 10:06:47 PM12/3/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello guys,

I've been trying to query a Stardog DB from a Virtuoso endpoint using a query that looks like this:

SELECT *
WHERE {
  GRAPH ?g {
    ?s ?p ?o
  }
}

Just to make it clear, mydb has a graph and inside this graph there are many triples, but unfortunately it returns nothing at all regardless of the URL I use in the FROM clause.

I saw how people use it for dbpedia and similar projects, the idea is that Virtuoso should create a cache with the triples that were missing, as shown in the <select> box in this screenshot: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1268/3y2s.png

Any idea?

Thanks,
Matt

Mike Grove

Dec 4, 2013, 7:08:46 AM12/4/13
to stardog
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Matías Parodi <mparo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello guys,

I've been trying to query a Stardog DB from a Virtuoso endpoint using a query that looks like this:

SELECT *
WHERE {
  GRAPH ?g {
    ?s ?p ?o
  }
}

Just to make it clear, mydb has a graph and inside this graph there are many triples, but unfortunately it returns nothing at all regardless of the URL I use in the FROM clause.

FROM/FROM NAMED don't work like that [1].  Some query engines will dereference the URL to get the RDF at the location, but I don't know if Virtuoso does that.  And even if it does, there's no RDF at that URL.

You probably want the SERVICE keyword.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Matías Parodi

Dec 4, 2013, 5:27:34 PM12/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Here is an example of what I meant, with a screenshot of the result:

SELECT *
FROM <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Berlin>
WHERE {
 ?s ?p ?o
}
LIMIT 10

My intention is to use Virtuoso to query Stardog data like that, replacing http://dbpedia.org/resource/Berlin (which is the same as http://dbpedia.org/data/Berlin.n3) by <something>. What would this URL be?

Matías Parodi

Dec 4, 2013, 6:35:03 PM12/4/13
Ah, you were right! It's possible to achieve what I'm looking for using the SERVICE keyword.

Unfortunately, it crashes as well...

SELECT *
WHERE {
  SERVICE <http://my_public_ip_here:5820/mydb#!/query> {

    ?s ?p ?o
  }
}
LIMIT 10

Virtuoso RDFZZ Error DB.DBA.SPARQL_REXEC('http://my_public_ip_here:5820/mydb#!/query', ...) returned unsupported Content-Type '(NULL)'

Any workaround?

Mike Grove

Dec 4, 2013, 8:20:15 PM12/4/13
to stardog
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Matías Parodi <mparo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ah, you were right! It's possible to achieve what I'm looking for using the SERVICE keyword.

Unfortunately, it crashes as well...

SELECT *
WHERE {
  SERVICE <http://my_public_ip_here:5820/mydb#!/query> {
    ?s ?p ?o
  }
}
LIMIT 10

Virtuoso RDFZZ Error DB.DBA.SPARQL_REXEC('http://mparodi.wildgeeks.com:5820/openfing#!/query', ...) returned unsupported Content-Type '(NULL)'

Any workaround?

Other than the URL should be http://my_public_ip_here:5820/mydb/query, no suggestions.  Not really familiar with how Virtuoso works, or doesn't, as the case may be.

Cheers,

Mike

Matías Parodi

Dec 4, 2013, 8:23:34 PM12/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
The problem was in fact the URL, thank you so much!