Stardog 4.0 - Unrecognized option: transactions.durable

oklma...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2015, 2:07:16 AM12/1/15
to Stardog

Hi,

I downloaded Stardog 4.0 Community Version to evaluate and faced a problem with creating a new database from the web console.

When I try to create a database, it gives me the error message :

Error creating new database

Unrecognized option: transactions.durable

Using the CLI, I can create the database but when I bring the DB offline to modify the parameters, I get the same error message when I save the DB configuration.

There are no errors logged in stardog.log

Is this a known problem ?

Michael Grove

Dec 1, 2015, 6:18:39 AM12/1/15
to stardog
The name of this option was changed in Stardog 4 [1] to better reflect its functionality.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

OK Lin

Dec 1, 2015, 7:36:35 AM12/1/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Mike,

I am sorry but I do not quite follow the answer given. I understand that the name of this option is changed (as mentioned in http://docs.stardog.com/#_configuration_2 ), but that does not seem to address the issue that I faced. With Stardog 4.0, I am not able to create a database at all via the web console.  So the option is renamed, but how does that resolve the problem ?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Stardog" group.

Michael Grove

Dec 1, 2015, 8:29:34 AM12/1/15
to stardog
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:36 AM, OK Lin <oklma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am sorry but I do not quite follow the answer given. I understand that the name of this option is changed (as mentioned in http://docs.stardog.com/#_configuration_2 ), but that does not seem to address the issue that I faced. With Stardog 4.0, I am not able to create a database at all via the web console.  So the option is renamed, but how does that resolve the problem ?

It's not clear what you're actually trying.  I am able to create a database with the default settings just fine with the web console, and I'm also able to create one having enabled logged transactions.  Same with the CLI.

So without knowing what you're doing that is not working, it's difficult for us to give you any guidance.

Cheers,

Mike

Shalom Church - Web Admin

Dec 5, 2015, 5:22:40 AM12/5/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I tried Stardog 4.0 on Windows 7 and JDK 8, and it works. The situation that I mentioned happened on a Fedora Linux + JDK 8. I will try it on another Linux box and see if there is similar problem.