Publications related to Stardog

poggi.a...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 9:59:27 AM1/30/17
to Stardog
Hi,
I would like to know where I can find all publications related to Stardog, or to the reasoner it uses (Pellet).
Also, I would like to know whether there is a publication that presents the Stardog architecture and describes its features, in particular concerning reasoning (e.g., what is exactly the kind of queries it supports, under which entailment regime, which portion of geo-sparql does it support, ...).
Thank you in advance,
Antonella.

Zachary Whitley

Jan 30, 2017, 11:24:56 AM1/30/17
to Stardog
The only paper that I know of that directly references Stardog is this [1] but doesn't provide the information that you're looking for. For Pellet see this [2] and there are many more papers referencing Pellet but Stardog implements the next generation of Pellet so I believe the implementation has move on quite a bit since Pellet. The best source of information for Stardog is the Stardog documentation [3].  One of the Stardog developers might be able to point you to some better sources of information but hopefully this will get you started.

What are you up to if you don't mind my asking?
[3] http://docs.stardog.com

--
-- --
---

Evren Sirin

Jan 30, 2017, 1:23:58 PM1/30/17
to Stardog
Pellet in Stardog is used only for schema reasoning. Query rewriting
in Stardog [1] is handled by the Blackout component. We have a
somewhat outdated publication about the query rewriter:

Evaluation of Query Rewriting Approaches for OWL 2
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-943/SSWS_HPCSW2012_paper3.pdf

More up-to-date information is in the docs as Zachary pointed out. We
are planning to overhaul the reasoning approach in Stardog this year
and we'll talk about this in more detail in our blog.

Best,
Evren

[1] http://docs.stardog.com/#_query_rewriting