Is it correct to release an ICVConnection back to the general pool?

Andrea Westerinen

May 27, 2015, 12:49:28 PM5/27/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Sorry, but I could not find any info on this in the documentation.

I take a connection from the pool, and create an ICVConnection using the "as" method.  When I am finished with it, I release the connection.

But, I intermittently get errors about using a "closed connection".  I certainly don't do a .close(), but maybe there is more to cleanup.

Thanks.

Andrea

Michael Grove

May 27, 2015, 12:51:35 PM5/27/15
to stardog
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Andrea Westerinen <arwest...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, but I could not find any info on this in the documentation.

I take a connection from the pool, and create an ICVConnection using the "as" method.  When I am finished with it, I release the connection.

You should release the connection you got from the pool, not the ICVConnection returned from as which is not pooled and is simply a decorator on the root Connection.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --