import OWL ontology

chahd....@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 7:37:39 PM6/29/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,
I want to import an existing OWL ontology into a Stardog database. I want to know what is the correct manner between these:
- aAdminConnection.disk("dbName").create(new File("ontology.owl"));
- using an IO
         IO aAdder = aReasoningConn.add().io().format(RDFFormat.RDFXML);

 aAdder.file(new File("ontology.owl"));
thank you

Michael Grove

Jun 30, 2015, 7:22:21 AM6/30/15
to stardog
They're basically the same.  The contents of the database is identical in both cases.  In the former, you're loading when the database is created, while the latter you're loading after it's been created.  It's slightly faster to load at create time, but that's usually only noticeable for large inputs.

Cheers,

Mike

thank you

--
-- --

Chahd Chahd

Jul 2, 2015, 1:16:27 PM7/2/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi
Thank you,
I have another question, I want to read from the database and modify it using SNARL, Sesame or Jena API. While such access, does stardog load the whole database in memory. I want to use a large database without memory problems.

Michael Grove

Jul 2, 2015, 1:17:50 PM7/2/15
to stardog
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Chahd Chahd <chahd....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
Thank you,
I have another question, I want to read from the database and modify it using SNARL, Sesame or Jena API. While such access, does stardog load the whole database in memory. I want to use a large database without memory problems.

No.

Cheers,

Mike

Chahd Chahd

Jul 2, 2015, 6:14:52 PM7/2/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Thank you for the quick answer,
Can we consider Stardog as a big data tool?