StardogException: Problem while building index

oklma...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2015, 10:04:28 PM10/14/15
to Stardog
Hi,

I am getting intermittent issues with Stardog. The error is :

com.complexible.stardog.StardogException: Problem while building index
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.BaseHttpClient.checkResponseCode(BaseHttpClient.java:370)
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.BaseHttpClient.execute(BaseHttpClient.java:241)
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.HttpAdminClientImpl.executeHttpPostMultipart(HttpAdminClientImpl.java:213)
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.HttpAdminClientImpl.create(HttpAdminClientImpl.java:423)
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.HttpAdminClientImpl.create(HttpAdminClientImpl.java:86)
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.client.admin.StatefulAdminClient.create(StatefulAdminClient.java:171)
at com.complexible.stardog.api.admin.AdminConnectionImpl$RemoteDbBuilder.create(AdminConnectionImpl.java:469)
at com.complexible.stardog.api.admin.AdminConnectionImpl$RemoteDiskDbBuilder.create(AdminConnectionImpl.java:565)
at com.complexible.stardog.api.admin.AdminConnectionImpl$RemoteDbBuilder.create(AdminConnectionImpl.java:452)

I am running it on Java 8 on a Fedora box, and would like to know what are the possible causes to this as I am not able to get more information about the error ?

Michael Grove

Oct 15, 2015, 6:17:02 AM10/15/15
to stardog
That's the exception on the client which doesn't help much.  What's the corresponding exception in the server log?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

oklma...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2015, 9:53:49 AM10/30/15
to Stardog
What is the log file that I should be checking on the server log that would contain the error information needed ?

Kean

Michael Grove

Oct 30, 2015, 9:54:51 AM10/30/15
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:53 AM, <oklma...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the log file that I should be checking on the server log that would contain the error information needed ?

stardog.log

Cheers,

Mike

oklma...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2015, 8:24:51 PM11/1/15
to Stardog, oklma...@gmail.com
In my experience of using Stardog 3.0, the stardog.log have not been useful in showing the errors that I am experiencing because most of the time it tends to be quiet.

All that are displayed in the log would be the Stardog startup message :

Stardog server 3.0 started on Mon Nov 02 00:14:51 UTC 2015.

Stardog server is listening on all network interfaces.
SNARL server available at snarl://localhost:5820.
HTTP server available at http://localhost:5820.

STARDOG_HOME=/home/ec2-user/stardog-3.0

Whenever I get an error (e.g the one that is the topic of this message thread), nothing is printed in the stardog.log.

Michael Grove

Nov 2, 2015, 6:22:09 AM11/2/15
to stardog, oklma...@gmail.com
Well, it's hard to give you any direction with only the exception on the client and no clue what you're attempting to do.

I recommend trying 4.0-RC3 to see if the behavior is any different.

Cheers,

Mike