Regression in Stardog 3.1.4 with SPARQL UPDATE + WITH and USING keywords

bouffard....@ireq.ca

Sep 2, 2015, 5:11:12 PM9/2/15
to Stardog
Here is a minimal working example that worked as expected in Stardog 2.2.3 but does not work anymore in Stardog 3.1.4:

* Create a new DB with the following quad:

<http://1> <http://1> <http://1> <http://1>.

* The following query should insert a quad but does not in Stardog 3.1.4:

with <http://1>
insert
{

<http://2> <http://2> <http://2>
}
using <http://1>
where
{

<http://1> <http://1> <http://1>
}

Thanks,
Alexandre

Michael Grove

Sep 4, 2015, 8:54:09 AM9/4/15
to stardog
As far as I can tell, this is caused by incorrect scoping of the BGP when it's parsed [1].

We created issue #2489 for this and we'll fix this in an upcoming release.

As a workaround, if you use `using named` instead, you'll get the expected result.  I realize that alters the intent of the query, but depending on your use case, it may work out.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks,
Alexandre