Enable reasoning in search command

abhishe...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2013, 5:38:09 AM2/5/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Can we enable reasoning profile(QL, EL, RL) in search command just like Query command.

Eg: ./stardog query  -c "snarl://10.199.0.79:5820/Test;reasoning=QL" -q "SELECT ?s ?o where {?s rdf:type <http://www.lehigh.edu/~zhp2/2004/0401/univ-bench.owl#FullProfessor>}

Here in query command, we can enable reasoning profile, How to achieve the same using search command.
Eg. ./stardog search -c "snarl://10.199.0.79:5820/Test" -q "emp*"

Here, which parameter to set?

Mike Grove

Feb 5, 2013, 7:53:46 AM2/5/13
to stardog
No, because it's completely unclear what reasoning means in this context; this is a query against the full text index only.  Also remember that search in this context is searching only over the literals in your database.

If you want to combine reasoning & full text search, you're going to have to use the SPARQL hooks for search as described in the documentation [1].  This lets you do a query similar to your example:

SELECT DISTINCT ?s ?score
WHERE {
?s foaf:name ?l .
}

eg, find all FullProfessor's whose name starts with Joe.

Cheers,

Mike

Here, which parameter to set?

--