StarDog 2.2.4 Cluster configuration - Version support and logging

1 view

teo...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2014, 5:55:16 AM12/23/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi.

Just a quick question.

I was testing the cluster feature of StarDog 2.2.4 without luck. While the cluster proxy was successfully created without much problem, any actual attempt at using it failed and displayed a generic error "Internal Server Error".

I tried to look at this discussion group to see if it was a know problem but only found two related post that didn't offer a solution. Before creating an actual question I then decided to do some further debug of the problem and tried to turn on the log infrastructure. As soon as I did I received an error informing that my current license didn't support logging.

I then proceeded to download the 30days Developer edition trial. Configured log, attempted to replicate the issue and... this time the proxy worked just fine. I tried to create a DB like in the documentation sample and no error where raised at all.

Now I am left wondering. Considering that I copied the configuration files from the old StarDog directory so the only difference in the two test should be using a Free version VS 30days Developer Edition trial, it is possible that that was actually the issue? Should the free version support clustering?

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find any reference to this in the docs.

Thanks again

teo...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2014, 7:09:05 AM12/23/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, teo...@gmail.com
Even stranger:
Now returning to the old free version don't trigger the error anymore.
I still use the same paths as before and all, so now I am left wondering if using the Dev edition has added something in the zookeeper work folder / registry / somewhere that can cause the old version to suddenly start working.

I will try to replicate the problem on another machine. If I discover anything new I will report here.

samir

Dec 24, 2014, 7:17:32 AM12/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, teo...@gmail.com
Hi,
I am facing similar problems and got no answers yet.
I could deploy only 2 nodes in a 2.2.4 cluster. When I try with more nodes, Stardog simply doesn't start on the third node and returns an error message about a by licence nodes number limitation!
That was done according to 2.2.4 documentation.

Could you please specify how many nodes  could you deploy, which release and which procedure you followed?
I could try to do the same and see what to be achieved.

Thanks & best regards,

teo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2014, 7:36:13 AM12/30/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, teo...@gmail.com
I went with some more test.

Got the software working on a single machine. Copying the same folders on another machine raises the same error as before.
Paths/folders are identical, and so are the configuration files - only the ip is updated as required. I don't understand why it won't work, the second machine is a clone of the same base virtual machine used for the first one.

Anyway, even stranger if I get both machines up in a cluster commands works if runned thru proxy on the first machine but fails on the second. Even when the command succeds, repository folders are created only on the first machine, and the second one run in an invalid state.

Mike Grove

Jan 2, 2015, 7:44:12 AM1/2/15
to stardog, teo...@gmail.com
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 7:36 AM, <teo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I went with some more test.

Got the software working on a single machine. Copying the same folders on another machine raises the same error as before.
Paths/folders are identical, and so are the configuration files - only the ip is updated as required. I don't understand why it won't work, the second machine is a clone of the same base virtual machine used for the first one.

Anyway, even stranger if I get both machines up in a cluster commands works if runned thru proxy on the first machine but fails on the second. Even when the command succeds, repository folders are created only on the first machine, and the second one run in an invalid state.

if you're experiencing an issue, can you provide a clear set of steps to reproduce the behavior?

Thanks.

Mike

--
-- --