populate an owl ontology

Diana Magdi

Apr 2, 2015, 5:00:22 AM4/2/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello,

I have an ontology (.owl ) and I need to populate this ontologie with new instance using SWRL rules. and i see that in stardog ,we can create new instances with swrl rules

Anyone can show me an example how i can do this in stardog or what is the codes or mettons to do this, with my thanks.

Michael Grove

Apr 2, 2015, 8:01:17 AM4/2/15
to stardog
First, I suggest you read the section in the docs [1] regarding the creation of new individuals using rules so you understand the trade-offs.

I suspect what you really need is to just use Protege to create your data wrt to the ontology you've created.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Diana Magdi

Apr 6, 2015, 8:18:42 AM4/6/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Mike,

Yes, i know that i can do this by protege but i'm looking for a method other than protege.

so is there a method  to populate ontology using stardog ?

Michael Grove

Apr 6, 2015, 8:25:15 AM4/6/15
to stardog
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Diana Magdi <diana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

Yes, i know that i can do this by protege but i'm looking for a method other than protege.

so is there a method  to populate ontology using stardog ?

You could do it programmatically via the Stardog APIs.  Or you can use your text editor of choice to author the data by hand and then use the CLI to add the data Stardog.

Cheers,

Mike

Diana Magdi

Apr 6, 2015, 8:30:08 AM4/6/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Can you tell me what is the codes or methods to do this,Thanks.

Michael Grove

Apr 6, 2015, 8:40:20 AM4/6/15
to stardog
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Diana Magdi <diana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you tell me what is the codes or methods to do this,Thanks.

There are examples of how to use Stardog available on Github [1].  You can find in our docs information on the CLI [2] and HTML copies of the man pages [3].  Further, there is an entire section in the documentation dedicated to the basics of how to use Stardog [4].

Cheers,

Mike