Re: [stardog-users] count in stardog

Mike Grove

May 3, 2013, 8:13:40 AM5/3/13
to stardog
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Irini Fundulaki <irini.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am having trouble asking count queries in stardog.1-2.  When writing the query
"select count(?s)  where {?s ?p ?o}  " I get a parsing error:
Encountered " "count" "count "" at line 1, column 8.
Was expecting one of:
    "(" ...
    "*" ...
    "distinct" ...
    "reduced" ...
    <VAR1> ...
    <VAR2> ...

If not mistaken, stardog.1-2 supports SPARQL 1.1 (and hence aggregates).

Stardog does support SPARQL 1.1, you just have to use the correct syntax for it to work.  Aggregates are discussed here in the spec [1] and there is a concrete example of using Count in the section about aggregate representation in the algebra [2].

Cheers,

Mike

Any help on how to deal with this problem
is more than welcome.

Thanks

--
-- --