StardogException: Needs a boundary value

1 view

jan.bjo...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 7:12:10 AM10/17/16
to Stardog
I am encountering the following error when trying to create a new database through the AdminConnection. Stardog version is 4.2 and using HTTP protocol.

Error occurs when calling the create() method below.

            adminConnection
                .disk("test")
                .set(ReasoningOptions.SCHEMA_GRAPHS, Collections.singletonList(TBOX_GRAPH))
                .set(ReasoningOptions.REASONING_TYPE, ReasoningType.SL)
                .set(ReasoningOptions.CONSISTENCY_AUTOMATIC, true)
                .create();

This is the stacktrace shown.

com.complexible.stardog.StardogException: Needs a boundary value
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.BaseHttpClient.checkResponseCode(BaseHttpClient.java:433)
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.BaseHttpClient.execute(BaseHttpClient.java:304)
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.BaseHttpClient.executeHttpPostMultipart(BaseHttpClient.java:586)
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.HttpAdminClientImpl.create(HttpAdminClientImpl.java:252)
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.http.client.HttpAdminClientImpl.create(HttpAdminClientImpl.java:68)
    at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.client.admin.StatefulAdminClient.create(StatefulAdminClient.java:171)
    at com.complexible.stardog.api.admin.AdminConnectionImpl$RemoteDbBuilder.create(AdminConnectionImpl.java:491)
    at com.complexible.stardog.api.admin.AdminConnectionImpl$RemoteDbBuilder.create(AdminConnectionImpl.java:459)

Any advice would be very helpful.

Michael Grove

Oct 17, 2016, 8:40:04 AM10/17/16
to stardog
This test case works fine for me:

@Test
public void testCreateWithOptions() throws Exception {
try (Connection c = mConfig.connect();
AdminConnection aConn = c.admin()) {

aConn.disk("testdb")
.set(ReasoningOptions.SCHEMA_GRAPHS,
Collections.singletonList(iri("urn:g")))
.set(ReasoningOptions.REASONING_TYPE, ReasoningType.SL)
.set(ReasoningOptions.CONSISTENCY_AUTOMATIC, true)
.create();

aConn.drop("testdb");
}
}

What's the value of `TBOX_GRAPH`? Is there anything in `stardog.log`?

Cheers,

Mike

> --
> -- --

jan.bjo...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 4:53:40 AM10/19/16
to Stardog
Let's see.

The value of TBOX_GRAPH is the IRI: <http://www.arkivverket.no/standarder/noark5/arkivstruktur/ontologyGraph>

I tried to enable snarl on Stardog and go back to using snarl for my connections and it worked as before. If I use http I get this error again.

Nothing out of the ordinary in the stardog logs.

Michael Grove

Oct 19, 2016, 7:48:55 AM10/19/16
to stardog
Substituting in the IRI you've specified into my test case doesn't affect things, it still works as expected.

Can you create a junit test case that demonstrates the behavior you're seeing so that I can take a look?

Thanks.

Mike

jan.bjo...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 8:36:52 AM10/19/16
to Stardog
The SNARL vs HTTP issue lead me to check my dependencies more closely. It seems that the problem was httpclient 4.5.2 being used while stardog expects httpclient 4.4. I have reworked my dependencies and now things seem to be in order.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Michael Grove

Oct 19, 2016, 9:06:54 AM10/19/16
to stardog
Glad you figured it out and let us know what the issue was.

Cheers,

Mike