How to suppress output from "stardog query"?

1 view

Jacobus Geluk

Jan 3, 2013, 10:58:52 AM1/3/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It would be nice if the "stardog query" command would support a "-quiet" option to suppress any other output then the result of the query.
Currently it always prints the SPARQL query.

What also would be cool if the -q (-query) option would support a file name.

Kendall Clark

Jan 3, 2013, 11:19:42 AM1/3/13
to stardog
The --quiet option is a good suggestion, since that would make the
Stardog client a better Unix command-line utility, i.e., pipe-able
output to another command, etc.

I'll make a ticket for this (but, honestly, it won't have a really
high priority).

The trick with option to read queries out of a file is that it's kind
of unbounded: one query only? Many queries? How are they separated?
That can turn into a hairball. Also, with the right shell syntax, you
can accomplish the same thing w/out us adding anything to Stardog.

Cheers,
Kendall
> --
> -- --

Evren Sirin

Jan 3, 2013, 11:47:15 AM1/3/13
to Stardog
The query command actually supports reading the query string from a
file. The -q option is needed only when you want to write the query in
the command line. Otherwise you can just put the filename as the last
argument:

./stardog query -c snarl://localhost/db query.sparql

Admittedly the help doesn't make this clear which we can improve.

Best,
Evren