Reasoner not working with stardog

William Kinaan

May 16, 2016, 4:56:13 AM5/16/16
to Stardog

Hello,

I've created a dataset, which Stardog calls it a database, and I've uploaded so many triples.

I've also uploaded my OWL file.

I want to run the reasoner to infer new triples.

Looking at the Reasoning section in the database's setting:

but querying the data doesn't give me the supposedly-infered triples

Could you help please ?

Pavel Klinov

May 16, 2016, 5:00:30 AM5/16/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
You need to describe the problem in more detail for us to be able to help. Which query does not give expected answers?

It'd be ideal if you could share your ontology and create toy data to demonstrate the issue.

Best,
Pavel

--
-- --

William Kinaan

May 16, 2016, 5:07:42 AM5/16/16
to Stardog
Hello,

This query (that asks for all the instances of type rs:Likes) gives no results

select * where
{
?a a rs:Likes
}

However, this query, which gives all the instances of the rs:Rating class that also have a value for ratesBy and that value is greater than 0.8, gives many results:
select * where
{
  ?a a rs:Rating .
  ?a rs:ratesBy ?value .
  filter (?value > 0.8)
}

In my Ontology, I define Rating1.0 class as:

and I define Rating0.8 as:

and I define Rating 0.9 as:

then I say that the Likes class is the union of all these three classes as :

so there must be triples from Likes class.

If you need more info kindly let me know

Many thanks