Materialization

Agustín Martínez

Oct 10, 2014, 1:15:18 PM10/10/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I have performance troubles with several query types. I would like to know if there's a way to make a "full/total" materialization of the database inferences. To be more specific, i want this materialization to be done when there's an insert.
Besides, Is there a way to make more efficient queries? I know a solution could be to make a specific connection (with a specific level of reasoning for the query) for each query. Could you give me some other advice?

Regards,
Agustín

Mike Grove

Oct 10, 2014, 1:58:08 PM10/10/14
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Agustín Martínez <mrtnz....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have performance troubles with several query types. I would like to know if there's a way to make a "full/total" materialization of the database inferences.

No, there's no built in functionality to do this.  You could materialize specific things you are interested in using construct queries, but then you take on the burden of truth maintenance yourself.

To be more specific, i want this materialization to be done when there's an insert.
Besides, Is there a way to make more efficient queries? I know a solution could be to make a specific connection (with a specific level of reasoning for the query) for each query. Could you give me some other advice?

It's not really possible to give any advice without a clear description of what you're trying to achieve and what about it is not working for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Regards,
Agustín