Multiple Stardog Instances + Common Storage

Kanchana Padmanabhan

Oct 15, 2015, 10:38:09 AM10/15/15
to Stardog
Hi,
I am trying to set up multiple instances of Stardog that can use the same database. Can I set the database to a remote location STARDOG_HOME? Alternatively, can it point to HDFS?
I am using the community edition and understand that enterprise edition has a cluster implementation.
Thanks!

Michael Grove

Oct 15, 2015, 10:52:48 AM10/15/15
to stardog
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Kanchana Padmanabhan <kanchanap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to set up multiple instances of Stardog that can use the same database.

This is not possible.

Can I set the database to a remote location STARDOG_HOME?

You could probably mount a networked drive and use that for a *single* instance, but I would expect performance to be poor.

Alternatively, can it point to HDFS?

HDFS is on our 4.x roadmap.

I am using the community edition and understand that enterprise edition has a cluster implementation.

Correct.  Depending on what you're trying to achieve, the cluster may work for your use case.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!

--
-- --

Kanchana Padmanabhan

Oct 15, 2015, 3:10:32 PM10/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Thanks Micheal! Looking forward for a HDFS add on. I was using Apache+Fuseki before but trying to move (and encourage my company) to move towards Stardog version because I can see a lot of benefits of using it.