Default Reasoning Level in Stardog

Jon Tutcher

Apr 28, 2014, 11:46:19 AM4/28/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there's a way of configuring a Stardog repository to have reasoning enabled by default (such that queries are always answered using inference). My problem comes as I'd like to use the Stardog DB as a resource in a federated query (on another server), and want inferred triples returned.

I know that I can add HTTP headers (or any of the other APIs) to turn reasoning on if I'm talking to Stardog directly , but as far as I know, the SPARQL federated query standard doesn't support these, so if I have a query on another (non-Stardog) server such as:

PREFIX foaf:   <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
SELECT
?s ?o
{

?s a foaf:Person
  SERVICE
<http://MyStardogServer.com/myDB> {?s foaf:knows ?o }
}

I can't (at the moment) get Stardog to answer the federated part of this with any inferred triples.

The other option is to write a proxy script to add an HTTP header into the request the federated query server sends, which would be doable - just wondered if there was a cleaner solution!

Many thanks!
Jon Tutcher

Evren Sirin

Apr 28, 2014, 12:14:36 PM4/28/14
to Stardog
You can specify the reasoning level in the connection string directly.
Did you try using:

SERVICE <http://MyStardogServer.com/myDB;reasoning=SL>

Best,
Evren