Unresponsiveness and hanging in web console

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer

Nov 7, 2014, 9:54:32 AM11/7/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I've had this problem on & off ever since the web console came out. Sometimes I'll go to it and it works fine. But more often than not I'll go to the home (admin) page and only some of the chrome loads up. But the actual database list and details about the server never appear; it looks like there's javascript making a call to the server for information that never comes back. I usually get a Chrome warning that the page is hung and should it kill the task. After that if I refresh it may start to work normally for a while.

Likewise, switching from the admin to the query screens, a lot of times it'll hang. It'll keep trying to load and Chrome won't let me close the tab. Or again some of the page comes up but I'll eventually get a Chrome warning that the page is unresponsive and should it kill it. Getting it to work again never seems as simple as refreshing the page.

Sometimes, switching to an entirely different browser like Safari will help. But not always.

Mike Grove

Nov 7, 2014, 10:16:13 AM11/7/14
to stardog
Is there any sequence of events that seems to cause this behavior?  It's kind of hard for us to diagnose what could be going on without having additional information about how this occurs.

I assume this is on Windows?  Do you see the same issues on Mac or Linux?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer

Nov 7, 2014, 11:10:49 AM11/7/14
to Stardog
Thanks, I understand it's hard to diagnose. There seems to be no sequence of events that triggers it.

The server is running on Windows at Azure. But the clients are all Macs.

I'm seriously tempted to move Stardog to a Linux box. I never had these issues when I was running Stardog on its own Linux box... or even when I was running it on a Windows box at AWS. I wonder if it's something odd with Azure's windows servers.