creating new DB error

rui...@ebay.com

Jan 27, 2016, 1:20:42 PM1/27/16
to Stardog
hi,

I tried to create a db from RDF/xml files, but I got the following error:

Unable to delete fileD:\_SHARED\WORKSPACE\TOOLS\WORK\stardog-4.0\bin\test_db\11db2ce1-0a27-4579-8008-dc28915c67d1.0

Is that because the DB is too big for community version? I have over 10M triples.

Thanks.

Michael Grove

Jan 28, 2016, 10:46:37 AM1/28/16
to stardog
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM, <rui...@ebay.com> wrote:
hi,

I tried to create a db from RDF/xml files, but I got the following error:

Unable to delete fileD:\_SHARED\WORKSPACE\TOOLS\WORK\stardog-4.0\bin\test_db\11db2ce1-0a27-4579-8008-dc28915c67d1.0

That indicates that the OS is preventing Stardog from deleting the specified file. This can happen in Windows with memory-mapped files where they're still held open by the OS even though the application is no longer seeing them.

You would not be seeing this message when creating a database.

So what exactly have you tried?

Is that because the DB is too big for community version? I have over 10M triples.

No.  The community edition is limited to 25M triples; 10M would be fine.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks.

--
-- --

rui...@ebay.com

Jan 28, 2016, 6:52:59 PM1/28/16
to Stardog, rui...@ebay.com
Thanks for the answers. I tried to create a db. Here is the command I used:

stardog-admin.bat db create -o search.enabled=true -n test_db D:\_SHARED\WORKSPACE\data\*.owl

It turned out I did have more than 25M triples in the files...

Michael Grove

Jan 29, 2016, 7:55:31 AM1/29/16
to stardog, rui...@ebay.com
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:52 PM, <rui...@ebay.com> wrote:
Thanks for the answers. I tried to create a db. Here is the command I used:

stardog-admin.bat db create -o search.enabled=true -n test_db D:\_SHARED\WORKSPACE\data\*.owl

It turned out I did have more than 25M triples in the files...

That's probably part of the cause, the loading would have aborted once you passed 25M triples and when trying to clean up afterward Windows had not released the handles on the files which were previously memory mapped preventing them from being deleted.

You can download the evaluation which does not have any limits on the number of triples in a database to see if Stardog will work for your use case.

Cheers,

Mike