data add error

Rui Li

Nov 3, 2016, 6:37:04 PM11/3/16
to Stardog
hi,

I am trying to add dbpedia data to a stardog db. However, I got the following error:

There was a fatal failure during preparation of e8c674ef-0112-474a-b34a-6dc68c7f3eb9 org.openrdf.rio.RDFParseException: Unable to allocate 4.2K bytes, direct memory exhausted

It looks like some memory issue. But I am trying to add one file at a time already. So how should I solve this?

Thanks!

Rui

Evren Sirin

Nov 3, 2016, 6:58:43 PM11/3/16
to Stardog
The memory used by a transaction does not only depend on how many
triples you are adding but also on how many triples already exist in
the database. If the existing database already has a large number of
triples you'd need to increase the memory available to Stardog.

Best,
evren
> --
> -- --

Rui Li

Nov 3, 2016, 7:06:55 PM11/3/16
to Stardog
Evren:

Thanks for the quick response!

The DB itself only contains 160Million triples. I'v had bigger DBs before, so I don't think this is the issue. But this stardog instance already has some other DBs. Could that the reason?

BTW, how to increase the memory for stardog?

Thanks.

Rui

Zachary Whitley

Nov 3, 2016, 9:25:30 PM11/3/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
You can increase the memory for Stardog by setting the STARDOG_JAVA_ARGS environment variable with -Xmx2g -Xms2g ...can't remember the exact arg for setting off heap memory. It should be in the docs somewhere.

Then restart Stardog to pick up the new settings.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stardog" group.

Rui Li

Nov 4, 2016, 1:48:43 PM11/4/16
to Stardog
I found the settings. Thanks!