Stardog 4.0 requirements

justforthe...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2015, 11:53:11 AM12/9/15
to Stardog
What are the recommended specification for a machine running Stardog 4.0?  Especially in terms of RAM, CPU and disk (I cannot find this information anywhere).

If required:
- It will hold one database of growing 7m triples, stored in disk, and would be query but not exhaustively. I would like to avoid using an additional cache system if possible (so queries should run "fast"). Maybe there are some other settings that might help to tune RAM consumption (heap...) to answer queries faster, if so please a hint would be appreciated.
- The machine might be shared with an Apache or a Tomcat running at the same time.
- The machine will run on a Linux VM.

Thanks!

Michael Grove

Dec 9, 2015, 11:56:43 AM12/9/15
to stardog
The section in the docs for capacity planning [1] might be helpful.

The stardog-admin script sets JVM parameters which are pretty good for most workloads, but you can override those settings if you find something that works better for your use case.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!

--
-- --

Jeremy Iron

Dec 9, 2015, 11:59:44 AM12/9/15
to stardog
Thanks - I totally overlooked this!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Stardog" group.