REST Endpoint and Callbacks ?!

1 view

Stef Telford

Jul 4, 2013, 1:10:53 PM7/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hey everyone,
   So, before I run off and start making my own (very custom) node.js proxy server for Stardog, is there any support for callbacks on inserts/updates/deletes ?! The usecase is that I am munging some of the data into flat text solr files (don't ask) and it would be pretty darned awesome if I could register callback hooks on insert/update/delete. I can obviously do this via a couple hundred lines of node (or python or some such) but would rather not re-invent the wheel, if I can avoid it ;)

   Regards
   S.

Al Baker

Jul 4, 2013, 1:48:34 PM7/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Stef,

Have you looked at Stardog.js? It supports in-browser and node.js
deployments, and is available via npm. The addInTransaction and
removeInTransaction both support callbacks upon completion of the request.

Github page:
https://github.com/clarkparsia/stardog.js

Annotated source and documentation here:
http://clarkparsia.github.io/stardog.js/docs/stardog.html

If you're looking for something in the HTTP API for registering a
callback to an external service that Stardog would then call, we do not
support that today. Stored procedures are on our roadmap, and would
address scenarios where you want to do something like a SPARQL Insert,
and on commit of the transaction have the stored procedure call out
somewhere else, generate a report, populate a history log, etc. The
first part of that scenario, SPARQL update will be in 2.0 due out later
this summer.

Cheers,
Al Baker