Stardog 1.0RC1

Kendall Clark

Jun 1, 2012, 3:59:17 PM6/1/12
to stardog
We're happy to announce the release of Stardog 1.0RC1, the first
"release candidate" for Stardog 1.0.

Highlights of this release include performance enhancements; usability
enhancements for Windows users; new command line commands for
reasoning explanations and database consistency; and bug fixes --
thanks to everyone who's reported bugs on this mailing list.

In particular, since the 0.9.5 release, Stardog query performance on
the BSBM benchmark has improved about 50%.

Full release notes for 1.0RC1 are available at
http://stardog.com/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Please cruise on over to http://stardog.com, download the new version
and talk Stardog for a walk. We think you'll like it.

Cheers,
Kendall

sharath

Jun 12, 2012, 5:09:53 AM6/12/12
to Stardog
Hello,

Just noticed that the home page of Stardog says it is a commercial RDF
database, however the intro page in the docs say that a community
edition will also be available. Just wondering if the plan to release
a community edition still on and if so can this copy be made available
for evaluation too?

Thanks,
Sharath.

On Jun 2, 12:59 am, Kendall Clark <kend...@clarkparsia.com> wrote:
> We're happy to announce the release of Stardog 1.0RC1, the first
> "release candidate" for Stardog 1.0.
>
> Highlights of this release include performance enhancements; usability
> enhancements for Windows users; new command line commands for
> reasoning explanations and database consistency; and bug fixes --
> thanks to everyone who's reported bugs on this mailing list.
>
> In particular, since the 0.9.5 release, Stardog query performance on
> the BSBM benchmark has improved about 50%.
>
> Full release notes for 1.0RC1 are available athttp://stardog.com/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Please cruise on over tohttp://stardog.com, download the new version

Kendall Clark

Jun 12, 2012, 9:10:29 AM6/12/12
to sharath, Stardog
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM, sharath <jcol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Just noticed that the home page of Stardog says it is a commercial RDF
database, however the intro page in the docs say that a community
edition will also be available. Just wondering if the plan to release
a community edition still on and if so can this copy be made available
for evaluation too?

Yes, the Community edition will be out ~4 weeks after the final 1.0 release.

There won't be a separate evaluation of the Community edition since it will be a strict subset of the commercial version.

Cheers,
Kendall

Santiago Timón

Jun 12, 2012, 12:08:23 PM6/12/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello,

Does this release support Terp queries? If not, is it planned to be supported?

Thanks,

Santi

Kendall Clark

Jun 12, 2012, 12:10:29 PM6/12/12
to Santiago Timón, sta...@clarkparsia.com
Terp queries aren't support in this or in the upcoming 1.0 release.

We are likely to support Terp queries in a future release.

Cheers,
Kendall