How do I set the network interface(s) on which Stardog opens ports?

Jacobus Geluk

Jun 13, 2012, 6:00:31 AM6/13/12
to Stardog
The "server-admin start server" command does not support syntax like

server-admin start server --http 0.0.0.0:5820 or
server-admin start server --http 10.0.0.1:5820

By default, it opens these ports:

SNARL server running on snarl://localhost:5820/
HTTP server running on http://localhost:5822/

But what if I want to change that into something else like:

SNARL server running on snarl://10.0.0.1:5820/
HTTP server running on http://10.0.0.1:5822/

Mike Grove

Jun 13, 2012, 8:42:52 AM6/13/12
to Jacobus Geluk, Stardog
The message when you start the server is somewhat misleading, it's
listening on all network interfaces, not *just* localhost. You'd be
able to hit the Stardog server from another machine.

We don't support binding to specific network interfaces, but this is
something we'll think about in the future.

Also, I recommend using a newer version of Stardog. The version you
appear to be using is quite out of date at this point.

Cheers,

Mike
> --
Message has been deleted

jensphili...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2013, 12:00:28 PM4/5/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, Jacobus Geluk
Hi Mike,

It would be great if Stardog would support binding to specific network interfaces. I just tried to install Stardog in OpenShift (www.openshift.com). However, starting the Stardog server fails as it is not possible to bind a socket to all available network interfaces in OpenShift:

"Failed to bind to: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:80"

Cheers,
Jens

Mike Grove

Apr 5, 2013, 12:42:54 PM4/5/13
to stardog, Jacobus Geluk
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM, <jensphili...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

It would be great if Stardog would support binding to specific network interfaces. I just tried to install Stardog in OpenShift (www.openshift.com). However, starting the Stardog server fails as it is not possible to bind a socket to all available network interfaces in OpenShift:

"Failed to bind to: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:80"

Thanks for the feedback.  This is something we plan on supporting in a future Stardog release.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --