Stardog Bug

Jeff Johnson

Jun 25, 2012, 9:01:31 PM6/25/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, Michal Galdzicki
Hi, I'm an undergrad working with Michal Galdzicki on the Synthetic Biology Open Language. I think I found a bug in StarDog--or maybe Java. I put together a demo of the problem, and we've reproduced it on my laptop and a server so far. Here's some info about them:

Ubuntu 11.04
"java-6-sun-1.6.0.26"
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

Xubuntu 12.04
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.1) (6b24-1.11.1-4ubuntu3)

My test setup is slightly too big to email, so I put it up on the website:
http://sbpkb2.sbols.org/crashtest.zip

Does the same thing crash at your end? It seems obscure with the spaces, but also shows up when I try to build up a complicated query and I've commented out parts of it.
Thanks
Jeff

Kendall Clark

Jun 25, 2012, 9:27:52 PM6/25/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, Michal Galdzicki
Thanks, guys.

Can you also give us a short description of the bug so that it's searchable for the archives?

Cheers,
Kendall
--
-- -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the C&P "Stardog" group. To post to this group, send email to sta...@clarkparsia.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to stardog+u...@clarkparsia.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/clarkparsia.com/group/stardog?hl=en

--
Cheers,
Kendall

Message has been deleted

Kendall

Jun 26, 2012, 9:14:21 AM6/26/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, Michal Galdzicki
Jeff,

Thanks for the bug report. There is definitely something weird going on here.

The two queries seem bit for bit identical except for one space character. That shouldn't make a difference. But our CLI handling library does not like the $(cat ...) invocation. Notice that if you just pass the two files to stardog query (instead of using -q) then they both execute perfectly fine.

Hence, there is something amiss in the CLI library. We'll make a ticket and try to close it.

For now, the workaround is to pass the queries in directly in a file and that should work fine.

Cheers,
Kendall

Kendall

Jun 27, 2012, 9:10:59 AM6/27/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, Michal Galdzicki
We'll have a fix for this in Stardog 1.0.1 which will be out soon.

It was some weirdness in some regexes we use to validate inputs.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
Kendall

Michal Galdzicki