Stardog 1.0

1 view

Kendall Clark

Jun 19, 2012, 12:26:22 PM6/19/12
to stardog
We're happy to announce the release of Stardog 1.0, Developer and Enterprise, at http://stardog.com/.

The change log for this release is in the usual place: http://stardog.com/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

I want to thank all of you who've tested it, used it, broken it, and improved it with yr efforts. It only took 32 releases, 260 release note items, scores of bug reports, and hundreds of emails to this mailing list. We couldn't have gotten here without yr help, for which we are grateful.

Please join me in thanking the other smart folks who made this possible:

* Mike Grove
* Evren Sirin
* Hector Perez-Urbina
* Blazej Bulka
* Edgar Rodriguez-Diaz
* Pavel Klinov
* Mike Smith
* Pedro Olivera

Cheers,
Kendall Clark

PS--Stardog 1.0 Community will be available in about 30 to 45 days. We'll make an announcement on this list when it's ready.

Kendall

Jun 19, 2012, 3:56:44 PM6/19/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:26:22 PM UTC-4, Kendall wrote:

* Pedro Olivera

Oops, that should be Pedro Oliveira.

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer

Jun 20, 2012, 9:08:26 AM6/20/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Congratulations!

If there is no community edition for as long as 45 days, does that mean some people who want community and are currently using the time-limited beta will be stuck when their current copy expires?

PS - Your link to the release notes appears to be bad. I think you meant this: http://stardog.com/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Kendall Clark

Jun 20, 2012, 9:36:25 AM6/20/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Ron Michael Zettlemoyer <ron.zet...@fynydd.com> wrote:
Congratulations!

Thanks. How incredibly decent of you to say so. ;>

If there is no community edition for as long as 45 days, does that mean some people who want community and are currently using the time-limited beta will be stuck when their current copy expires?

A few options:

1. it's likely that we'll have something out before 45 days re: Community

2. we will definitely have 1.0.1 out before then, so those people could just upgrade to 1.0.x till Community is released. We certainly won't object to that.

3. Purchase a Developer license. :>

PS - Your link to the release notes appears to be bad. I think you meant this: http://stardog.com/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Correct! Thanks for fixing this.

Cheers,