Having trouble with DESCRIBE query against named graph

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer

Jun 13, 2012, 6:09:55 PM6/13/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I'm having trouble running a DESCRIBE query against a named graph in Stardog.  If I run a query like this:

                   select ?xx where { graph <http://fynydd.com/asana> { ?xx a asana:project.  } }

I get back the results I expect: all the resources that are "projects" in my named graph.  But this statement:

                   describe ?xx where { graph <http://fynydd.com/asana> { ?xx a asana:project.  } }

returns nothing. No errors but no results.

I've used describe successfully for resources in the default graph. Am I not defining the graph right?  I dug around a lot but couldn't find mention of some other syntax for it in describes. But I've not actually found any examples of a describe with a named graph.

Kendall Clark

Jun 14, 2012, 5:01:08 PM6/14/12
to Ron Michael Zettlemoyer, sta...@clarkparsia.com
Ron,

The SPARQL docs are a bit murky on anything to do with DESCRIBE, but we agree that this current behavior (do nothing) is not ideal here. It should either compute results or throw some kind of error.

We will fix this for 1.0.1.

Cheers,
Kendall