Missing buttons at top (I'm very new to CKAN)

Amadeyus

Apr 5, 2021, 12:25:26 PM4/5/21
to CKAN Development Discussions
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with some missing buttons at the top of my website. I'm using ver 2.10.0a and I have sys admin. I'm not too sure if these buttons were taken away in a newer version or if I missed a step during setup? I assume these buttons are edit and new page buttons just by their icons. Any tips and advice would be welcome.

fa33f1c5-9ab8-4bc4-9160-a985d2f48dce.jpg

Adrià Mercader

Apr 6, 2021, 9:01:26 AM4/6/21
to Amadeyus, CKAN Development Discussions
Hi,

Welcome to the CKAN community, do not be afraid to ask!

These icons are added by the pages extension (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-pages). If you don't have installed *and* enabled it on your ini file (adding ckan.plugins = ... pages) they won't appear.

A couple more things, don't use the current master branch (2.10.0a). That is unstable and might break. Use the latest stable patch release, currently 2.9.2.
We are starting to use Discussions on the main repo for support requests so you might want to try it out if you have future questions: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/discussions

Adrià