[delete_dataset] option after being removed, i can still delete datasets

Aasia Fayyaz

Apr 7, 2021, 6:10:27 AM4/7/21
to CKAN Development Discussions
Greetings!

I recently installed ckan version 2.8.7 on ubuntu 18.04 as package.
In my /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/authz.py file,

# these are the permissions that roles have
ROLE_PERMISSIONS = OrderedDict([
    ('admin', ['admin']),
    ('editor', ['read', 'delete_dataset', 'create_dataset', 'update_dataset', 'manage_group']),
    ('member', ['read', 'manage_group']),
])

when I tried to remove the 'delete_dataset'  option from the editor role, I was still able to delete the dataset. Can someone please explain this behavior?
Moreover, when I tried to remove the 'manage_group'  option , it gave me this error.

403 Forbidden
Access was denied to this resource.
Unauthorized to read package

Can't we alter the permissions in ckan?