CKAN 2.9 question

PIERRE Sylvain

Apr 8, 2021, 5:36:15 AM4/8/21
to ckan...@ckan.org

Hi there,

I’m planning CKAN migration from 2.8 to 2.9 and I would like to know if 2.9 python 3 is ok for production?

We have a corporate ckanext for theming and extra field management.

There’s a lot of ressources about this subject (eg: https://tech.datopian.com/ckan-v3). So is there some critical point to migrate a plugin from Python2 to Python3?

Chear

https://opendata67.alsace.eu/

Sylvain PIERRE

Chef de projet système d’information

Direction des Systèmes d’Information et du Développement Numérique

Service Projets et Ingénierie Numérique

Collectivité européenne d’Alsace

Tél : 03 88 76 68 88

sylvain...@alsace.eu

www.alsace.eu

facebook twitter insta

Adrià Mercader

Apr 9, 2021, 4:38:04 AM4/9/21
to PIERRE Sylvain, ckan...@ckan.org
Hi Pierre,

CKAN 2.9 running on Python 3 is definitely ready for production, but you need to check if all the extensions that your site uses support it: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/wiki/Python-3-migration-guide-for-extensions

The documentation you linked is Datopia's view of what CKAN 3.0 could look like, not to be confused with support for Python 3