How debug CKAN with docker

Philippe K

Jan 9, 2023, 10:26:02 AM1/9/23
to CKAN Development Discussions
Hi all,

I have a lot of experience in dev, but few experience with python (I mainly work with Java), may be my question will be fast answered with links to existing documentation I didn't find.

I have my ckan installation that is working fine with the docker-compose configuration.
I would like to debug this CKAN server from my IDE (IntelliJ / PyCharm but it could be VSCode too).
I found different posts on the topics like this (expired) extension: https://extensions.ckan.org/extension/dev/

I found information for flask debugging in CKAN code but I seems, it's more about adding traces than remote debugging of CKAN.
I also found https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4407748043026-Unable-to-debug-CKAN-inside-Docker-containers but I don't succeed in using it (and it's more to debug cli.py than the server itself).

How can I setup the remote debug configuration for CKAN ?

Thanks for your help,
Philippe

PS : you have a broken link to the Code of Conduct in this group, link: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/CONDUCT.rst should be replace by https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md