Dataset created by an editor can be deleted by all the other editors in an organization

Aasia Fayyaz

Apr 7, 2021, 5:48:38 AM4/7/21
to CKAN Development Discussions
Hello ckan Community,

I recently installed ckan version 2.8.7 on ubuntu 18.04 as package. Initially, I installed ckan 2.9.2 but I faced a lot of issues so had to shift to some other version.

In ckan 2.8.7, I created an organization where I assigned some users the role of editor, what  I want is that the dataset which is created by an editor should only be deleted by him but what's happening is that all the other editors in the organization can delete each other's dataset which I don't want.
So, is there any way that only the owner/creator of the dataset should be able to delete it and not others?

JD Bothma

Apr 7, 2021, 9:56:11 AM4/7/21
to Aasia Fayyaz, CKAN Development Discussions
Hi Aasia

You can probably implement the logic you want using a custom plugin. Not sure if you can do it via configuration.

Here's an example where we limit packages that can be made public to packages in an organisation where you're allowed to edit datasets

Best
JD