Extend Datastore Data Dictionary to hold more values

Gokul Ram

Jun 20, 2024, 10:15:34 AM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to CKAN Development Discussions
hi

I'm running a CKAN 2.10.3 in Ubuntu 22.04 VM.
In my application, the datastore data dictionary currently have 3 input fields, namely Type Override, Label and Description.

We would like to add an extra field to the Data Dictionary called rdfType that stores string values.

Is there a way to add an extra field to the Data Dictionary as specified above?
Please let me know

Thanks
Gokul

william dutton

Jun 20, 2024, 6:35:18 PM (11 days ago) Jun 20
to CKAN Development Discussions, Gokul Ram

Check out this PR on xloader where its looking at adding a feature flag for removing whitespace which is kinda what you want to do

Hope this helps you in your learning journey

Gokul Ram

Jun 21, 2024, 6:44:46 AM (11 days ago) Jun 21
to CKAN Development Discussions, william dutton, Gokul Ram
Hi
thanks for the input. However I dont feel that this will help in my case.
Maybe I was not clear, hope this image helps to understand better.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 114123.png
As shown in the image, I need to have an extra field to add the rdfType values to the attributes of the dataset resources.

https://docs.ckan.org/en/2.9/extensions/adding-custom-fields.html   shows us how to add extra metadata fields to the dataset packages. I needed something similar for the Data Dictionary.
Thanks in advance
Gokul