Ckan 2.9.5 store files to S3

Momar Mbengue

Aug 23, 2022, 6:43:53 AM8/23/22
to CKAN Development Discussions
Hello I am a beginner on ckan, I use version 2.9.5, the installation is well done with the datapusher which works wonderfully but I would like to know if with version 2.9.5 I can upload files on a S3, because I found ckanext-cloudstorage and ckanext-s3filestore do not work for the moment

Thank

Andrés Vázquez

Aug 23, 2022, 7:17:22 AM8/23/22
to Momar Mbengue, CKAN Development Discussions
Hi Momar

In these cases you can check available forks.
Probably the Keitaro version could be a good idea.
Just a guess.

Andrés Vázquez Flexes

Software developer

Open Knowledge Foundation - For a fair, free and open future

http://okfn.org | @okfn | Facebook | Blog

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 at 07:43, Momar Mbengue <moma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello I am a beginner on ckan, I use version 2.9.5, the installation is well done with the datapusher which works wonderfully but I would like to know if with version 2.9.5 I can upload files on a S3, because I found ckanext-cloudstorage and ckanext-s3filestore do not work for the moment

Thank

william dutton

Aug 23, 2022, 5:19:12 PM8/23/22
to CKAN Development Discussions, andres....@okfn.org, CKAN Development Discussions, Momar Mbengue
You can also checkout the qld-gov-au fork. https://github.com/qld-gov-au/ckanext-s3filestore

They have moved onto 2.9.x and they are using these versions of these plugins without issue.

I'd also suggest using XLoader instead of datapusher: https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-xloader/network

Regards,

William

Momar Mbengue

Aug 25, 2022, 10:00:46 AM8/25/22
to CKAN Development Discussions, andres....@okfn.org, CKAN Development Discussions, Momar Mbengue
I just tried the latest version of Keitaro and it works very well.

Thanks to y'all.