Static site generator-KAN

Bryan Quigley

Sep 29, 2022, 3:01:08 PM9/29/22
to CKAN Development Discussions

I've been evaluating static site generators (SSG) based alternatives to CKAN for smaller installs (think 200-400 datasets and a handful of orgs). JKAN* is clearly the most established - but not actively maintained itself (although sites based on it are).

Two questions:

  • Organizationally - any interest to have something like JKAN under the CKAN umbrella?
  • Technically - any place that a SSG variant should absolutely use this or that tool developed by CKAN?  Any SSG preferred?
Thank you,
Bryan

* aside: I would want to drop the Heroku dependency and make one that's truly static using Git PRs of say markdown files to add/remove datasets, etc.