On the trade in agricultural technology

Diego Pons

May 22, 2020, 11:50:54 AM5/22/20
to pernse...@ciesin.columbia.edu
Dear Raya,

I wanted to mention one of the initiatives that we are moving forward at the International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) in Guatemala (and other 5 countries worldwide). That is the capacity building with the national meteorological services to address the provision of climate services for agriculturalists. More on our project here and more on the co-development of the Next Generation of Climate Forecasts here. We are also currently moving from monitoring agricultural stress (e.g. FAO's ASIS and WFP VAM) to forecasting agricultural stress. This could be connected to both early warning systems or Forecast-based Finance ones to prevent or mitigate hunger.

If you think this is worth discussing at the seminar please let me know, or just share with our partners if you consider it appropriate.

Best,

--

Diego Pons, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Scientist

MUTTARAK Raya

May 22, 2020, 12:27:33 PM5/22/20
to Diego Pons, pernse...@ciesin.columbia.edu

Dear Diego,

Your projects are highly relevant to the statement of Tom, I’ve just posted today.

It’d be great if you participate in the discussion referring to his statement which touch upon knowledge transfer and agricultural technological trade.

Best wishes,

Raya

--
The Population-Environment Research Network (PERN) Cyberseminar Discussion List
---