Needed: Two English Privy Council Cases

Moyer, Vincent

Mar 7, 2023, 1:58:45 PM3/7/23
to 'int-law@ciesin.columbia.edu' (int-law@ciesin.columbia.edu)

Dear Int-Law Colleagues:

I’m hoping someone can help us retrieve two English Privy Council cases recently cited by the U.S. Supreme Court:

(1)- Board of Ordnance v. Wilkinson, PC2/123 (1779)

(2)- Board of Ordnance v. Parr, PC1/3919 (1810)

We have a good collection of Privy Council law reports in print and online, but I have had no luck so far searching our library collection.

These two cases were cited by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 2018 case, Oil States Energy Services, LLC v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC.  [We have this Supreme Court case.]

Both cases are patent cases.  They are summarized in a 2017 SSRN article by Prof Tomas Gomez-Arostegui (Lewis & Clark Law School) and Prof Sean Bottomley (Northumbria University) at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3054989

William Parr held a patent for gunpowder.  The Parr case is described as an unresolved petition lodged with the Privy Council involving wartime munitions.

John Wilkinson held a patent for casting iron cannons.  In the Wilkinson case, a wartime munitions patent is revoked.

If anyone can help us locate these cases (or even tell us where these cases are reported), your efforts will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.  There is no rush.

Best,

Vincent

Vincent Moyer

International Law Librarian

University of California College of the Law San Francisco (UCLSF) Library

(Formerly, UC Hastings College of the Law Library)

San Francisco, California (USA)

moy...@uchastings.edu

Moyer, Vincent

Sep 21, 2023, 4:36:40 PM9/21/23
to 'int-law@ciesin.columbia.edu' (int-law@ciesin.columbia.edu)

Dear Int-Law Colleagues:

I’m hoping someone can help us retrieve a few Greek laws on arbitration.  I have been able to find some of the laws the professor needs, but I didn’t find a searchable collection of all of the laws.  These are the laws we are still looking for:

  • Law 44 of June 21, 1967
  • Law 2331 of 1995
  • Law 4055 of 2012
  • Law 4335 of 2015
  • Law 4842 of 2021

I believe the 1967 law is the Code of Civil Procedure and the other laws are amendments to the 1967 Code.  Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.