Chromium browser is freezing in ARM (OMAP3 Zoom2 board)

Mahesh Shivhare

Jun 8, 2010, 8:59:56 AM6/8/10
to Chromium OS discuss
Hi,
I am building chromium OS for ARMv7 based OMAP-Zoom2 board, I am using
Chromium OS version "0.7.43.<build_date-time>" I was able to login &
touch screen is working fine.
but after opening some tabs & some events browser (complete system) is
freezing (hanging) I'm not able to do ant thing further.

Browser is not detecting the Proxy setting, I tried with every
possible options-
1:- setting --proxy-auto-detect in session_manage_setup.sh file
2:- setting --proxy-server="<HTTP_PROXY:PORT>" in same file
3:- setting both the option in chromeos-chrome-loop script file (which
is starting chrome)

but it's not detecting the proxy. I'm able to login using SSH in the
board from other PC in the internal network & vice-versa..... I was
able to ping to any PC in internal network but was not able to ping to
the external network i.e. www.google.com

While I'm trying to set the proxy from GUI (settings-> options - - - >
change proxy setting )
by board is getting restarted....
Any help or suggestion will be appreciated....

With Regards,
Mahesh Kumar

Benson Leung

Jun 8, 2010, 1:57:30 PM6/8/10
to chanda...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
Hi Mahesh.

I think I've just run into the same issue. Can you run top on the system after it has locked up?

On my system metrics_daemon gobbling up all cycles. Do you see the same?

Benson

Mahesh Shivhare

Jun 9, 2010, 6:08:43 AM6/9/10
to Chromium OS discuss
Hi,
Thanx for your reply.
I have tried this. but after hanging the board, In other system's
(threw which I'm login to the board) console is also hanging. So I
left top command running in that system & fire some event in board,
after hanging I get that minijail was using 55% of cycle than mmcqd
was using about 20% os cycle & this should not be a problem because
before hanging also ratio was the same.

In my case in window_manager's log I'm getting EGL_DISPLAY NOT FOUND
error...

With regards,
Mahesh Kumar

On Jun 8, 10:57 pm, Benson Leung <ble...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Mahesh.
>
> I think I've just run into the same issue. Can you run top on the system
> after it has locked up?
>
> On my system metrics_daemon gobbling up all cycles. Do you see the same?
>
> Benson
>
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Mahesh Shivhare <chandangla...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am building chromium OS for ARMv7 based OMAP-Zoom2 board, I am using
> > Chromium OS version "0.7.43.<build_date-time>" I was able to login &
> > touch screen is working fine.
> > but after opening some tabs & some events browser (complete system) is
> > freezing (hanging) I'm not able to do ant thing further.
>
> > Browser is not detecting the Proxy setting, I tried with every
> > possible options-
> > 1:- setting --proxy-auto-detect in session_manage_setup.sh file
> > 2:- setting --proxy-server="<HTTP_PROXY:PORT>" in same file
> > 3:- setting both the option in chromeos-chrome-loop script file (which
> > is starting chrome)
>
> > but it's not detecting the proxy. I'm able to login using SSH in the
> > board from other PC in the internal network & vice-versa..... I was
> > able to ping to any PC in internal network but was not able to ping to
> > the external network i.e.www.google.com
>
> > While I'm trying to set the proxy from GUI (settings-> options - - - >
> > change proxy setting )
> > by board is getting restarted....
> > Any help or suggestion will be appreciated....
>
> > With Regards,
> > Mahesh Kumar

Mahesh Shivhare

Jun 9, 2010, 6:12:42 AM6/9/10
to Chromium OS discuss
One more question.......

which board you were using???
If it's OMAP zoom2 than are you having SGX kernel module install & who
is providing libEGL.so file file are you building it by your self or
using prebuilt one by the plateform provider???

With Regards'
Mahesh Kumar