IndexedDb capacity and performance

mathi

May 7, 2012, 4:29:25 PM5/7/12
to Chromium HTML5
Hello,

I was wondering if indexedDb is able to save and manage millions of
records (while still being fast) ?
(The storage limit is not a problem: all my users have installed the
web app and have unlimited storage.)

Thank you

Matthew Pickering

May 7, 2012, 4:33:58 PM5/7/12
to mathi, Chromium HTML5
In short no I have tried to use it for 400k records and it was effectively unusable. Use web SQL for this (even though it's depreciated) it performs way faster on standard small text records
Thanks
Matt

Sent from android mailer

mathi <matth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Joshua Bell

May 7, 2012, 8:09:14 PM5/7/12
to Chromium HTML5
It's true, the performance of Chromium's IDB implementation is not where we'd like it to be. After catching up with the spec changes that have accumulated over the last several months (and the spec is nearly locked down now so we're not expecting further churn) - we're planning to spend time on speeding it up.