libjpeg-turbo doghood

Hironori Bono (坊野 博典)

Dec 13, 2010, 9:52:34 AM12/13/10
to Chromium-dev
Greetings Chromium-developers,

(Please feel free to ignore this e-mail if you are not interested in
Windows Chromium.)
Today, I have landed the last change (r68992) that is needed for
building libjpeg-turbo on Windows and it seems our trybot can build
Chromium with libjpeg-turbo enabled (*1).

(*1) <http://build.chromium.org/p/tryserver.chromium/builders/win/builds/6457>

Nevertheless, libjpeg-turbo has lots of assembler code and it may
cause build problems or compatibility problems on your PCs. So, I
would like Windows developers to try building libjpeg-turbo on your
Windows PC and to send me their feedbacks before enabling it by
default. It would be definitely helpful to follow the following steps
and try libjpeg-turbo on your Windows PC.

1. Change '.gyp/include.gypi' and set a 'use_libjpeg_turbo' option to
1. (If your '.gyp/include.gypi' file is empty, the file becomes as
listed in the following snippet.)

{
'variables': {
'use_libjpeg_turbo': 1,
},
}

Table 1. a sample 'include.gypi' file

2. Execute 'gclient sync'.

3. Build Chromium as written in
<http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows>.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hb...@chromium.org

Marc-Antoine Ruel

Dec 13, 2010, 10:18:36 AM12/13/10
to hb...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Le 13 décembre 2010 09:52, Hironori Bono (坊野 博典) <hb...@chromium.org> a écrit :
[...]

You may need to run either of "gclient runhooks" or "gclient sync --force". As a reminder, you can add "--jobs 8" to the command line to speed it up.