342 is the new Chrome 5 Beta branch

Mark Larson (Google)

Mar 8, 2010, 12:20:16 PM3/8/10
to chromi...@chromium.org
We will be working to get 342 out as the next Beta channel update for all platforms. We'll do at least one more Dev channel release from this branch to see if we can make things more stable and fix some more bugs.

The internal official beta test builders have been updated to build 342.

If you have releaseblock-beta bugs to merge, please go ahead and merge them on to the 342 branch.

Thanks,
Mark

(apologies if this is a double-post. I got a failure message.)

Darin Fisher

Mar 8, 2010, 12:33:36 PM3/8/10
to chromi...@chromium.org
In case anyone else was wondering if their changes were included in this
branch, it looks like this branch was cut from r40345:

Jay Soffian

Mar 8, 2010, 4:56:32 PM3/8/10
to m...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Mark Larson (Google) <m...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We will be working to get 342 out as the next Beta channel update for all
> platforms. We'll do at least one more Dev channel release from this branch
> to see if we can make things more stable and fix some more bugs.
> The internal official beta test builders have been updated to build 342.
> If you have releaseblock-beta bugs to merge, please go ahead and merge them
> on to the 342 branch.

Color me curious, but how are you going to handle the win-beta channel
which is currently testing 4.1? Is the plan to promote 4.1 to
win-stable before win-beta is needed for 5.0?

Also, is the plan for 5.0 to ship stable at the same time for all the platforms?

Thanks,

j.

Mark Larson (Google)

Mar 8, 2010, 5:31:08 PM3/8/10
to Jay Soffian, chromi...@chromium.org
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 13:56, Jay Soffian <jayso...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Mark Larson (Google) <m...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We will be working to get 342 out as the next Beta channel update for all
> platforms. We'll do at least one more Dev channel release from this branch
> to see if we can make things more stable and fix some more bugs.
> The internal official beta test builders have been updated to build 342.
> If you have releaseblock-beta bugs to merge, please go ahead and merge them
> on to the 342 branch.

Color me curious, but how are you going to handle the win-beta channel
which is currently testing 4.1? Is the plan to promote 4.1 to
win-stable before win-beta is needed for 5.0?

We'll keep 4.1 in Beta until it gets promoted to stable, but I expect that to happen before the next Beta update for 5. When that happens, I'd like to have the current Chrome 5 Beta (342) ready to deliver to the Windows Beta channel.

Also, is the plan for 5.0 to ship stable at the same time for all the platforms?

That is the plan.

Thanks,

j.