A new way to read IRC

Brett Wilson

Apr 1, 2012, 10:05:28 AM4/1/12
to Chromium-dev
Do you often want to read #chromium IRC when away from the network?

...or what would you do if you Android, iPad, netbook, laptop, and
desktop were all broken?

...or are you an executive at a large technology company and don't
know how to use a computer?

Well, now there's an answer! Presenting #chromium IRC in a
revolutionary new "book" format. Now you can peruse the IRC logs at
your leisure in our handsomely printed and hard-bound tree pulp.

Relive some of your favorite IRC moments!

"I still remember smelling that ... creation." -beng 2011-12-14 00:02:04

"Wow, I think I accidentally the whole tree!" -brettw 2012-01-04 05:32:57

"Good morning, chromium!" -dglazkov every day

...or your favorite Linux why aren't you / are you using my favorite /
least favorite esoteric Linux feature flamewar!

"sounds like someone doesn't understand the idea of "choice" that made
linux what it is today" -jack_thompson 2011-11-10 16:11:57

...or plain old regular flamewar!

"hitler would have used git?" -jamesr 2009-07-15 18:08:21

...and who can forget ChanServ's hilarious antics!

"ChanServ sets mode: +v fishd" 2012-01-03 19:14:06

Did you miss something on IRC when you were away at lunch? Don't
worry! Just wait until the end of the month, then wait some more while
the book is formatted, printed, and mailed to you. Or for even greater
convenience, wait until the end of the year to use the convenient
consolidated yearly index of all IRC posters.

Books are printed and formatted in the highest possible quality:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112570880908179091363/posts/ExBK3AyFzBi

For 2011, you get 13 books, one for each month, plus the convenient
consolidated index in a portable 6,143 page set, all for just $305.90.
Please see the following links to order your copies!

http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-january-2011/12448247
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-february-2011/12448269
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-march-2011/12450249
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-april-2011/12451841
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-may-2011/12455669
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-june-2011/12455702
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-july-2011/12457361
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-august-2011/12462931
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-september-2011/12442798
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-october-2011/12442764
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-november-2011/12346039
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-december-2011/12432757
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/%23chromium-2011-index/12463191

Brett

Jeremy Apthorp

Apr 2, 2012, 2:26:27 AM4/2/12
to bre...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
This looks really handy. Will I be able to buy chromium-dev books too?

Brett

Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯)

Apr 2, 2012, 10:09:29 AM4/2/12
to jer...@google.com, bre...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
I just ordered the full year one.  Looking forward to catching up.

- Gavin

Chris Bentzel

Apr 2, 2012, 11:02:22 AM4/2/12
to gav...@google.com, jer...@google.com, bre...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
I can't wait until this is available in ePub format.