Make tab flash or something.

Lynxus

Jun 2, 2010, 4:07:24 AM6/2/10
to Chromium Apps
HI,

Is it possible to make the tab flash or something?

Currently , My software ( http://www.imsupporting.com/chome/IMsupporting.crx
) can only grab a users attention through sound and via cellphone SMS.

Im working if i can have it somehow make the tabb flash, or some other
kind of notification?

If so,
How can this be controlled via the page?

Essentially, A serveside ajax update sends data to the clients html
and that then controls whats going on. Somehow id like to send a
javascript type event that would flash the tab or something.

Any ideas?
Thanks

--
Graham
http://www.imsupporting.com

PhistucK

Jun 2, 2010, 6:24:49 AM6/2/10
to Lynxus, Chromium Apps
Generally, with pinned tab, the tab flashes when the title changes, if I understand correctly.
It does not do it for apps, though. I believe this is a bug, or just a work in progress.

Search crbug.com for an existing issue, if you cannot find one, file a new issue at new.crbug.com.

Thank you.

☆PhistucK

Lynxus

Jun 2, 2010, 6:42:30 AM6/2/10
to Chromium Apps
Thanks man, Ill do some more research.

-G

On Jun 2, 11:24 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Generally, with pinned tab, the tab flashes when the title changes, if I
> understand correctly.
> It does not do it for apps, though. I believe this is a bug, or just a work
> in progress.
>
> Search crbug.com for an existing issue, if you cannot find one, file a new
> issue at new.crbug.com.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ☆PhistucK

Bob Hazard

Jun 2, 2010, 9:13:55 PM6/2/10
to Lynxus, Chromium Apps
If the user grants permission to the site there are cool notifications
built into HTML5 now that are supported by Chrome.

You can play with them in this demo: http://goo.gl/sMJr

They popup in a downloads-complete style bubble with any message you want