Upcoming Changes to Web Store

Joe Marini

Feb 8, 2012, 5:20:25 PM2/8/12
to Chromium Apps
Hello from the Chrome Web Store team!

We wanted to send this quick update on an upcoming change that will
have an impact your apps:

* We’re updating our category system. A few categories will be
removed and others will be added.

* We’re adding subcategories to facilitate app discovery. For example,
there will be a subcategory called “Music” in the category
“Entertainment”.

* Apps assigned to a subcategory will show up in the category page as
well; an app in “Music” will appear on both the “Music” page and the
“Entertainment” page.

* Items can be assigned both a primary and secondary category - but
note that only the primary category will be used for displaying the
item in the store.

No action is required from you now. These changes will take effect
during the next few days. At that time you will be able to see where
your app has been placed in the new system, and make changes. We will
post an update to the Chromium blog when the change is complete and we
will send you an email to remind you to sign in the developer console
and review/update your category settings.

If you have any questions about these changes, please don’t hesitate
to post to our developer forum (https://groups.google.com/a/
chromium.org/group/chromium-apps/topics)

Best Regards,
The Chrome Web Store team